What is a Cochlear Implant Surgery?
Cochlear Implant surgery in Gurgaon: Cochlear Implant is a medical device that helps a deaf person to get back the sounds in his life. This device helps to bypass the damaged hair cells of the inner ear to provide sound signals to the brain. Cochlear Implant functions entirely differently from a Hearing aid, which only helps to make the sound louder. Cochlear Implant surgery cost varies from person to person. The implant consists of an external part that fits behind the ear & second part is surgically placed under the skin which helps to send impulses to the auditory nerve that sends the signal to the brain. Many children are born deaf because of genetic reasons. Sometimes deafness can be due to pregnancy complexities. As per a study done on the efficacy of CI in children, it was observed that deaf children who received a Cochlear implant before 18 months of age had speaking & hearing skills similar to a hearing person.
What are the benefits of cochlear implant surgery?
The benefits of cochlear implants are different in different sets of people. It can be a life-changing experience for people with hearing disabilities. The ability to hear improves the professional & personal life of a person. Though the cochlear implant surgery cost is more even then it can be a life-changing step for a person. It was found that the overall percentage of failure of cochlear implant device failure is very low.
A few benefits are listed below:
– CI helps to hear surrounding sounds at a normal level.
– It helps a person to talk on the phone, hear the TV, listen to music
– It helps to understand speech without lip reading
What will the duration of Cochlear implant surgery be?
Cochlear implant surgery takes 3 to 4 hours. During the process of the implant of the device a small incision is done behind an ear and once the audiologist completes the testing, the incision is closed. The procedure is neither risky nor painful. This procedure is recognized by American Medical Association as a safe procedure for children.
What does Cochlear Implant Surgery cost?
The cochlear implant surgery cost in India varies from 8.5 lacs to 13 lacs depending on the implant type. To get more accurate Cochlear Implant surgery costs please email your medical reports to [email protected]. Our team of specialists will get back to you.
- Cutting-edge-technology: ENT clinic in Gurgaon provides medical, technical & rehabilitation support to increase the patient’s speech therapy through listening with a Cochlear implant device
- Affordable cochlear implant surgery cost with compassionate patient care
- Team of expertise: We have a team of experts with state-of-the-art technology which helps the patient to get the best solution for their hearing disability. Dr. Ravinder Gera has the expertise of more than 20 years in the field of ENT. He is a Gold medalist & attended more than 40 National & International workshops on Cochlear Implant. Dr. Gera is associated with Max Hospital as Head of the ENT Department.
- Major procedures